Dividends impact option premiums. When a dividend is distributed the cash holdings of a corporation is decreased and therefore the company and its stock are worth less. The eligibility to receive the dividend depends on several factors including the size of the dividend. First, let’s define some terms: Types of dividends Standard dividends: A distribution […]
- 63. Rolling Decisions on Expiration Friday
- 62. Should I Unwind My Covered Call Trade 1 Week Prior to Contract Expiration?
- 61. Realized Versus Unrealized Capital Gains (Losses) for Covered Call Writing
- 60. Combining ITM Call Strikes & Stock Dividends to Protect in Bear Markets
- 59. ANALYZING 2 Month and 4-Day Covered Call Trades
- 58. Is This Trade a Winner or a Loser?
- 57. Evaluation Stock Purchase Price and Breakeven When Rolling Options
- 56: Selling Deep In-The-Money Calls to Exit Stock Positions
- 55. Expiration Dates Versus Expiration Times Clarifications
- 54. Selecting the Best Strike Prices for Our Collar Trades
Subscribe To Our Free Newsletter
- Ask Alan (15)
- Covered Call Exit Strategies (166)
- Exchange-Traded Funds (47)
- Exit Strategies (148)
- Fundamental Analysis (36)
- Investment Basics (444)
- Just Alan (6)
- Option Trading Basics (456)
- Options Calculations (295)
- Options Trade Execution (117)
- paper trading (4)
- Podcasts (65)
- Put-selling (60)
- Stock Investing (109)
- Stock Option Strategies (420)
- Stock Trading & Taxes (18)
- Technical Analysis (42)
- Uncategorized (18)
- BCI PODCAST 63 Rolling Decisions on Expiration Friday
- Using the Elite-Plus Calculator for “Hitting a Double” Results: A Real-Life Example with Redfin Corp. (NASDAQ: RDFN)
- Understanding Brokerage Statements for Covered Call Writing: A Real-Life Example with Energy Select Sector SPDR ETF (NYSE: XLE)
- BCI PODCAST 62 Should I Unwind My Covered Call Trade 1 Week Prior to Contract Expiration?
Join our membership subscription today and gain instant access to expert resources including the popular Weekly Stock Screen & Watch List.
Why Covered Call Options May Be Your Best Investing Strategy
Nasdaq Interviews Alan Ellman
© 2020 The Blue Collar Investor. All Rights Reserved.