Whether we are writing covered calls, selling cash-secured puts or simply buying and selling stocks, the first important requirement is to develop or have access to a quality watch list of elite-performing securities. Once we have purchased a stock or exchange-traded fund (ETF), our goal is to make a profit. In this article, three approaches […]
Covered call writing is a low-risk option-selling strategy that allows us to generate monthly cash flow in sheltered and non-sheltered accounts. One of the main reasons this has been the go-to strategy in the stock portion of my portfolio is related to the fact that the strategy can be crafted to specific investment scenarios and […]
Using covered calls and puts in a conservative manner can benefit us in so many ways. In this article I will present a method to protect stocks in our portfolio that have increased in value substantially since they were purchased. We will utilize both covered call writing and protective puts which is known as the […]
- 68. Volatility A Friend or Enemy to Covered call Writers and Put Sellers?
- 67. Should We a Short Put to Help Fund a Collar Trade?
- 66. Comparing the Cost-To-Close Covered Call Trades with Time-Value Return Goals
- 65: The 20%/10% Guidelines for Covered call Writing and Selling Cash-Secured Puts
- 64. Creating Dividend Like Income for Non Dividend Stocks
- 63. Rolling Decisions on Expiration Friday
- 62. Should I Unwind My Covered Call Trade 1 Week Prior to Contract Expiration?
- 61. Realized Versus Unrealized Capital Gains (Losses) for Covered Call Writing
- 60. Combining ITM Call Strikes & Stock Dividends to Protect in Bear Markets
- 59. ANALYZING 2 Month and 4-Day Covered Call Trades
Subscribe To Our Free Newsletter
- Ask Alan (15)
- Covered Call Exit Strategies (171)
- Exchange-Traded Funds (53)
- Exit Strategies (156)
- Fundamental Analysis (37)
- Investment Basics (456)
- Just Alan (6)
- Option Trading Basics (468)
- Options Calculations (303)
- Options Trade Execution (128)
- paper trading (4)
- Podcasts (70)
- Put-selling (62)
- Stock Investing (110)
- Stock Option Strategies (431)
- Stock Trading & Taxes (18)
- Technical Analysis (44)
- Uncategorized (18)
- Explaining “Bought-Up” Value When Rolling a Covered Call Out-And-Up
- BCI PODCAST 68 Volatility A Friend or Enemy to Covered call Writers and Put Sellers?
- Ask Alan #187: Unusual Strike Prices Examined: A Real-Life Example with ARK Next Generation Internet ETF (NYSE: ARKW)
- Best Technology ETFs for Our Option-Selling Portfolios: QQQ and XLK
Why Covered Call Options May Be Your Best Investing Strategy
Nasdaq Interviews Alan Ellman
© 2020 The Blue Collar Investor. All Rights Reserved.